Revision as of 23:53, 25 September 2007 by 18.104.22.168
boctaoloorli Back to Participants guide to Issues Forums.
How to Upload a File to the âFilesâ section of your Issues Forum We've used the St. Paul Issues Forum as an example.
- First of all, make sure the file you want to upload is of a reasonable size and that you know where it is located on your computer. Images (JPGâs, for example) should not and need not be any larger than 200 or 300 kb, and no file should be larger than 1 Mb. (Recall that there are 1,000 kb in 1 Mb). Consider files smaller than 1Mb to be âsmall,â files from 1 to 3Mb âlarge,â and files larger than 3Mb âhuge.â
- Go to the Log In Page and Log In - http://forums.e-democracy.org/login/index.xml
- You will end up here - http://forums.e-democracy.org/stpaul/
- Scroll down to the On-line Group to which you would like to upload the file. For example, SPIF. - http://forums.e-democracy.org/stpaul/groups/stpaul-issues
- Scroll down the section titled âMembers of SPIF can:â and click on âFiles: Access and Addâ You will end up here - http://forums.e-democracy.org/stpaul/groups/stpaul-issues/files/view_files?message=
- Click on âAdd a New Folder,â enter the folder name, and click on the âadd new folderâ box. Your new folder will appear at the bottom of the list on - http://forums.e-democracy.org/stpaul/groups/stpaul-issues/files/view_files?message=added_folder
- Click on your new folder to open it. You can add new folders within that folder, or add files.
- To add a file, click on âadd a new file.â Give your file a Title and a Description so that people will be able to see what your file is about. Be careful here, because you cannot easily edit any mistakes; rather, you will have to remove the file and start over.
- Once you have Entitled and Described your file, click on the âBrowseâ button and find the file on your computer. Then click the âadd new fileâ button. Voila!
- At some point you will want to remove the file. Click on the appropriate folder and look for the file to be removed. You will see âRemove fileâ to the right. Click on it and the file will be removed. It is unclear how to remove an entire folder.
- To direct people to your file, go to the file yourself and highlight the URL. Copy & Paste it into an e-mail and send.