E-Democracy.org makes every attempt to deliver our forum content to where people want it via their preferred technology or Internet device.
- 1. E-mail - Read and Post
- 2. Daily e-mail topic digest
- 3. Web-based - Read and Post
- 4. Web-feed - Full text blog-like feed - for individual or a special feed for headlines on third party websites
- 5. Twitter - New posts/topic subjects
- 6. Facebook Fan Page - New posts on the Wall
- 7. ?? iPhone/Android App - Want to help us leverage our feeds for a custom app?
This is how we are currently syndicating our forums to Twitter and Facebook.
- Create a unique Twitter account for each Issues Forum (25+)
- Anyone can then "Follow" that account (i.e. EDemStPaul)
- Use TwitterFeed.com to read each forums individual web-feed to create a Tweet with each post (or with Minneapolis where volume is too high each new topic) (you must be logged into that special Twitter account to make the connection via a main TwitterFeed account used to control all connections)
- We decide upon and append a hashtag (i.e. #minneapolis ) with each post.
- Every 30 minutes, we allow the maximum number of tweets to be generated by posts to the forum
- Create a Facebook Fan Page for each forum, simplify by deleting unused tabs, upload image, and fill-in the many fields of informational text
- Connect page to RSS Graffiti Application
- Use RSS Graffiti to place full-text web feed from forum on the Page's Wall
- We encourage people to post comments to the forum via e-mail or the website instead of the Wall or they will only reach a small audience