Back to Projects.
E-Democracy.Org received a $49,000 US grant from the Blandin Foundation for an 18 month project into 2009. The first six months will focus on a series of five "citizen media and engagement outreach trainings" across rural Minnesota. Phase two will follow-up with support for at least three local e-democracy committees interested in launching local Issues Forums and potentially other citizen media features.
For updates follow our Project Blog posts tagged "rural."
How you can get involved
1. Become an Outreach Partner - Invite submissions to our Minnesota Citizen Media and Online Engagement survey and spread the word about hosting citizen media outreach events and Issues Forums.
2. Host a Citizen Media and Online Engagement Outreach Event - We are identifying five regional sites. Offer your community site and help generate interest.
3. Share Links - Fill out our Minnesota Citizen Media and Online Engagement survey to help us identify Greater Minnesotans on the cutting edge of Web 2.0 active outside of the Twin Cities. You can add discoveries right to our wiki page on Minnesota citizen media.
4. Start an Issues Forum - We need volunteers in at least three rural communities/regions to join us and start a local Issues Forum. This model combines an accessible e-mail lists, with a web forum, and a multi-author blog. It works. ;-)
5. Join our Online Rural Voices Working Group - We have a behind-the-scenes online working group for those involved with our initiative. This is a great place to get involved.
Contact us to help in any of these areas: email@example.com
The grant proposal as submitted is in PDF.