Key Print Documents and Templates for Outreach Efforts
- looking for people to join a new forum?
- seeking fresh voices?
- especially diverse and likely underrepresented voices?
Paper tools can help!
Over the past year we've used these tools to help support inclusive outreach efforts across many forums. We have a long history of using paper sign-up sheets for extremely effective recruitment.
While most of these materials are focused on Minneapolis and St. Paul (based on funding), they can adapted for wide use.
- Priority - Current Outreach Campaign
- General Flyer - Two per page - Multi-forum flyer to support recruitment across neighborhoods.
- Adapt this flyer to suit your local forum and distribute copies at community events to raise awareness and grow your forum. (Editable version at Google Docs)
- 2. General Brochure – Meet Your Neighbors Online!
- Adapt this two-page trifold brochure to suit your local forum and distribute copies at community events to raise awareness and grow your forum. (Publisher file)
- 3. Minneapolis-St. Paul Multi-forum General Poster – Join your neighbors to discuss local issues, exchange information, build community, and simply be neighborly.
- Post these to bulletin boards at local businesses and public venues throughout the neighborhood. The simple tear-off URL serves as a “take away” to remind people to look up your forum when they get home. (Editable version at Google Docs)
- 4. Customizable Poster (Power Point Template)
- Tailor this poster to your forum and post to bulletin board in your neighborhood. Be sure to update the tear-off URL!
- 5. Sign-up sheets à la carte
- We’ve used a variety of these tailored to specific forums such as Frogtown and Cedar-Riverside, as well as put together these “multi-forum” sign up sheets to support recruitment across neighborhoods.
- To successfully add these new members after your outreach efforts promptly scan (or to speed uploading enter the data into a spreadsheet yourself with at least first name, last name, and e-mail in their own columns - keep your forms handy because some will bounce) and e-mail to: email@example.com OR fax to: +1-612-605-0137
- While Forum Managers may invite or add people via the website, we prefer to upload names from paper sign-ups for you. Behind the scenes, our technical support team can upload people without e-mail verification required in bulk. New members only need to set a password on the web if they want to post via the web.
- Tip: Use a black pen (no soft point without a soft tip) bold stroke and definitely read the e-mail address back to confirm. Double-checking the e-mail address can improve your success rate by as much as 30%! So read it back to the person after they sign up.
- Minneapolis Multiple Neighbor Forums Sign-up (MS Word) (PDF)
- St. Paul Multiple Neighbor Forums Sign-up (MS Word) (PDF)
- ""Powderhorn English/Spanish Sign-up Form - Adapt to your forum. Coming soon.
- 6. Customizable Single Forum Sign Up Template - MS Word - US Version (MS Word A4 - UK/NZ Version)
- Tailor these to suit your needs to help you collect names and e-mail addresses at neighborhood venues and events.
- See submission instructions above. We will pay the cost to do manual data entry for any forum in our network. In-person outreach where you get people to sign-up right then and there is the most effective way to grow participation in a local forum. We want to make it as easy as possible.
- 7. E-Democracy.org Logo Collection - Includes versions for use with print materials.