Back to Projects
Participation 3.0 - Social media in local public life for engagement, transparency and problem-solving.
Participation 3.0 is E-Democracy.org's next generation local online civic engagement initiative. It represents a new and third wave of activity since our founding in 1994. Today, we see to connect local people everywhere with the best ideas and opportunities for local online civic engagement.
- E-Newsletter - Receive ~monthly major updates via our e-mail newsletter.
- Project Blog - Receive our blog updates via e-mail
- Follow @edemo on Twitter or Friend on Facebook
- Projects volunteer online group - The place to join for general involvement.
- Join the online input and working groups of interest below.
The four funded projects are:
- Next Generation Ideas
- Our Participation 3.0 start-up outreach and convening effort to gather "next generation online civic engagement" ideas for local communities and move the best ideas forward. This includes a special pilot focus on Minneapolis leveraging broad community outreach and involvement toward full multi-year, multi-funder "local everywhere" initiatives.
- Join the online Input Group
- Join the ongoing CityCamp Exchange that we will engage to gather ideas.
- Inclusive Social Media in Local Public Life
- Public Meetings
- A model open and transparent "Participation 3.0" effort to liberate public meeting agendas from obscurity. This model will test and inform the open source-style specification process that will be fully deployed in the full multi-year effort.
- Join the Technical Working Group
- Local Who Represents Me?
- The problem - most national "who represents me" look-ups stop at the state legislature and they only list directory information on how to engage in private communication with those officials versus opportunities for public engagement. This small pilot will experiment with Minnesota data.
- Input will be gathered online via the general LocalLabs.