Back to Projects
Participation 3.0 - Social media in local public life for engagement, transparency and problem-solving.
Participation 3.0 is E-Democracy.org's next generation local online civic engagement initiative.
- E-Newsletter - Receive ~monthly major updates via our e-mail newsletter.
- Project Blog - Receive our blog updates via e-mail
- @edemo on Twitter - Follow us
- Projects volunteer online group - The place to join for general involvement.
- Watch for specific online working groups in the near future.
The four funded projects are:
- Next Generation Ideas - Online Input Session
- Our Participation 3.0 start-up outreach and convening effort to gather the best "next generation online civic engagement" ideas for local communities and move them forward. This includes a special focus on Minneapolis as a pilot community leveraging broad outreach and involvement toward a full multi-year, multi-funder "local everywhere" initiative.
- Inclusive Social Media in Local Public Life - Online Input Session
- Public Meetings - Technical Working Group
- A model open and transparent "Participation 3.0" effort to liberate public meeting agendas from obscurity. This model will test and inform the open source-style process for the full multi-year initiative.
- Local Who Represents Me?
- The problem - most national "who represents me" look-ups stop at the state legislature and they only list directory information on how to engage in private communication with those officials versus opportunities for public engagement. The pilot will experiment with Minnesota data. Input will be gathered online via [LocalLabs.