Back to Projects
Participation 3.0 is our new next generation local online civic engagement initiative.
- Read our detailed discussion draft, slides and related blog post
- Join our Projects online group to get involved as we ramp this effort up
- For major updates, sign-up for our general e-mail newsletter and watch our project blog.
The four emerging funded projects within this initiative are:
- Participation 3.0 Big Ideas - An outreach and convening effort to gather the best "next generation online civic engagement" ideas for local communities and move them forward.
- Public Meetings - A model open and transparent "Participation 3.0" effort to liberate public meeting agendas from obscurity. This model will test and inform the open source-style process for the full multi-year initiative.
- Inclusive Social Media in Local Public Life - Over the next 15 months we will deepen our Issues Forum start-up efforts in the lower income, high immigrant Cedar Riverside neighborhood of Minneapolis and the Greater Frogtown neighborhood in St. Paul.
- Local Who Represents Me? - Who Won - The problem - most national "who represents me" look-ups stop at the state legislature and they only list directory information on how to engage in private communication with those officials versus opportunities for public engagement. The pilot will experiment with Minnesota data.
The highly interactive Internet 1.0 + Web 2.0 = Participation 3.0