This is the wiki page tied to the proposed Locals Online community of practice. The forum's "launch topic" will generate input into the Participation 3.0 process to gather Next Generation Ideas for the future of online civic engagement. Related links to the "locals online" fields are at social media in local public life.
Please share in a targeted fashion with those most interested.
This is an invitation to join us on Locals Online.
Do you host a ...
- neighborhood e-mail list? ...
- highly interactive placeblog? ...
- local social network on Ning? ...
- a private Facebook group for nearest neighbors? ...
- a neighborhood parents network online? ...
- a local online community of any kind?
Then join community builders like you on this new peer-to-peer online group for local online hosts from:
List of charter members for Locals Online
- Steven Clift, Minneapolis Standish Ericsson Neighbors Forum
- Mark Rauterkus Running Mates Blog in Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Stephanie Jenkins, Oxford Headington and Marston Neighbor Forum, UK
- Steve Thurston Buckingham neighborhood and Arlington County news site.
- Conor White-Sullivan, Localocracy: peer to peer local politics site
- Kevin Curry CityCamp & neighborhood organizer in Virginia Beach, VA
- Tim Erickson Hamline Midway Neighborhood Forum - E-Democracy.Org (Launching soon)
- Steve Magruder, Louisville History & Issues
- Rudi Vansnick - Belgium Internet community and consumer group (soon more details)
- Dan Knauss - Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA  and 
- Barry Parr Coastsider and Mediasavvy
- Pam Broviak City of LaSalle (IL) Community Site
- Steve Mantz, chapter leader, New York City Union Square
- ADD YOUR NAME, LINK TO YOUR LOCALS SITE