Inclusive Community Engagement Online - Project Information
Note: BeNeighbors.org is our general public starting point.
The Inclusive Community Engagement Online initiative is a comprehensive three year initiative led by E-Democracy.org. With three years of initial funding from the Knight Foundation for $625,000, it has three main components:
- St. Paul Neighbors Forums - Inclusion, expansion, and engagement to reach 10,000 participants
- Lesson Sharing - Convening, research, and promoting online engagement widely
- Innovation and Technology - Next generation experiments
The BeNeighbors.org campaign is slated to evolve into a "Got Milk?" style directory of online neighborhood spaces including those well beyond the official E-Democracy forum network.
- Press Release St. Paul - St. Paul BeNeighbors.org Campaign - 15 FEB 2012 - PDF and related Blog Announcement
- Work - We are hiring Summer Outreach positions now
- Outreach Advisory Group - Seeking members
- One Pagers
- Partnership Agreement - Become an Official "Be Neighbors" Outreach Partner. Official Partners:
- Project Blog - Blog via e-mail (Our key in-depth "what's new" one-way channel)
- @edemo on Twitter
- E-Democracy.org Facebook Page
- Outreach Calendar - Join us at community events.
- To Volunteer in St. Paul, Contact Corrine Bruning, Outreach Coordinator via email@example.com or call 651-400-0880
- Projects Online Group - Volunteer Starting Point
- Project Information Request Form
- Join a Neighbors Forum - Our BeNeighbors.org Directory for St. Paul and Minneapolis (initially), see all E-Democracy hosted forums across 16 communities in three countries
- Locals Online - For Knowledge Sharing - Related communities of practice
- New Neighbors Forum Request Form
- BeNeighbors One Page Poster/Flyer - PDF - Please print and hang at your favorite coffee shop
- More Fliers, Sign-up Sheets, etc.
- E-Democracy Logo People-only - 1.2 MB JPG - All Sizes
- Special Note to Knight communities
- Grant Agreement and Grant Narrative Excerpts - Detailed Document in PDF
- Be Neighbors Twin Cities - Directory
- Neighbors Forum Presentation
- Why Digital Inclusion for Community Voices? - Article
- Inclusive Social Media 2010-2011 Project Archive - Pilot funded by the Ford Foundation
- Contact E-Democracy - Urgent Press Queries to Steven Clift:+1-612-234-7072
- A "Facebook for the neighborhood" expands in Saint Paul - Mar 7, 2012 - Also carried on MinnPost.
- Grant to help online community forums reach minorities - TwinCities.com - Pioneer Press - Feb 16, 2012 (Headline changed to "Internet forum aims to spread democracy" which obscures the real story.)
- E-Democracy shoots for 10,000 in St. Paul - Feb 16, 2012