Difference between revisions of "GroupServer Object and Interface Index"
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
Revision as of 14:30, 2 July 2013
GroupServer has many objects, interfaces, and components. This page serves as an incomplete list and quick reference of the data structures of GroupServer. In many cases, a brief description of the structure's purpose and listing of its properties/methods is provided. In general, the EGG-INFO/PKG-INFO of the structure's egg will provide much more detail, and will probably be more current. And of course, there's the code itself.
- 1 Groups, Group, and GroupMembers
- 2 Site Objects
- 3 User Objects
Groups, Group, and GroupMembers
ZCA Name: groupserver.GroupsInfo - adapter
Provides info/access for all groups on the site, and creates lists of groups based on user membership.
- .get_visible_groups() - Returns all groups visible to the logged in user
- .get_visible_group_ids() - Returns ids of .get_visible_groups()
- .get_member_groups_for_user(user, authUser=None) - Returns a list of groups the user is a member of. If "user" is the same as the "authenticatedUser", then the list will be of all groups that "user" is a member of. Otherwise only the groups that the user is a member of, and has posted to, will be listed.
Declares basic properties of a group:
- get_property(prop, default)
ZCA Name: groupserver.GroupInfo
Implements IGSGroupInfo and provides the following constructor:
- __init__(self, context, groupId=None): If no groupId, the group will be figured out by acquisition.
Additional properties/methods provided:
Declares properties related to the set (and subsets) of members of a group.
ZCA Name: groupserver.MailingListInfo
Implements IGSMailingListInfo. Also includes an instance of the Mailing List Manager for the group as .mlist.
Simple interface for a GroupServer site folder.
Implements IGroupserverSite and subclasses OFS.OrderedFolder.OrderedFolder.
A marker interface.
ZCA Name: groupserver.SiteInfo
Provides the following properties:
- showImage - Don’t know what this does
- get_property(prop, default=None) - Convenience method for .siteObj.getProperty(prop, default)
- groupserver.UserFromId - Factory based on a provided user ID
- groupserver.LoggedInUser - Factory returned the logged in user
Declares methods to get available information about individual users.
Implements IGSUserInfo and adapts ICustomUser. However, the methods declared by IGSUserInfo are not defined.
Appears to be a marker interface
Inherits from User and Folder, and implements ICustomUser
- get_image(url_only=True) - Returns the image of a user, or just the url by default.
Represents a user who can add and remove email addresses to and from their profile. Also allows user to manage other settings related to email delivery.
- get_addresses - Returns a list of all email addresses associated with the user
- get_delivery_addresses - Returns default delivery email addresses
- groupserver.EmailUserFromEmailAddress - Returns an EmailUser based on a provided email address string
Implements IGSEmailUser and Adapts IGSUserInfo
Retrieving ACL User by Email
user = context.acl_users.get_userByEmail(email)
Properties of ACL User
- user.getId() - User ID
- user.getProperty(<string>, <string>) - General Properties