Future Issues Forums
This is a public list of future, prospective, or possible local Issues Forums.
Future - Forums in Active Development
- Roseville, Minnesota - Opened July 2006
- Minneapolis Neighborhood Forums - Grant planning for sub-forums within city-wide forum
A lead contact has been established and a steering committee formed or in progress.
Prospective - Communication Active
- Atlanta, Georgia - Interest from Amherst Conference, late June 2006
- Birmingham, England - Youth-oriented Issues Forum
- Bristol, England - Neighborhood forum first in Knowles West, potentially part of Connecting Bristol Digital Challenge bid
- Blacksburg, Virgina - In early communication Virgina Tech with NSF-funded research project lead by Prof. Andrea Kavanaugh
- Chicago, Illinois - Plotting relaunch perhaps with city-area forums instead on one large forum for this very very large city.
- Kingston upon Thames, England, possible quadrant forum
- New Zealand - Grant proposal submitted by Dan Randow (OnlineGroups.Net/GroupServer) in partnership with community radio for regional forums - Canterbury region includes Christchurch which has an online group from earlier outreach presentation
- Northlincolnshire, England
Possible - Queries Received
- Carrboro, North Carolina
- Evergreen, Colorado
- Los Angeles, California - Connection with Los Angeles Neighborhood Issues effort
- Madison, Wisconsin - Very early discussion with Lew Freidland about connection to Madison Commons
- Norfolk County, England - includes King's Lynn, Norwich
- Ottawa, Canada
- Portland, Oregon
- Toronto, Canada
- Washington, DC - Interest exists, meetings held - need point person with current time - DC has an extensive network of neighborhood forums that could be leveraged
- West Jordan, Utah
Other - Places to Prospect?
- Croydon, England - Have community networking project, Tim met with them
- Duluth, Minnesota - Attempt to find Forum Manager in previous 1999 effort faltered, still exists on YahooGroups