E-Debate partner invitations
Dear Minnesota Media,
2006 Minnesota Gubernatorial E-Debate Media Partner Invitation
I'm writing to you on behalf of E-Democracy.Org. With the generous support of the Blandin Foundation and their Broadband initiative, we are hosting an electronic debate (e-debate) for candidates for Minnesota Governor. E-Democracy.Org has organized e-debates with a wide array of media partners starting with world's first candidate e-debate in 1994.
We invite your media organization to once again renew this partnership by inviting you to become an E-Debate Media Partner.
- Partners have full rights and to access and use content created as part of the debates. As a partner, you can integrate all or some of the digital content (text, audio, possible video) into your own website or other mediums, use RSS headline feeds from the debate, host your own related online interactions (forums, blogs, etc.), or simply link to the content on the E-Democracy.Org site.
- E-Democracy will link to your site as requested along with other non-partisan election 2006 content from this section: http://www.e-democracy.org/mnelections . Partners will be highlighted in a pre-debate publicity campaign about useful non-partisan election content across the Internet in Minnesota. Our link to you will remain active throughout 2006, and will be archived with the election content after that.
- Input into e-debate coordination and the ability to highlight the importance of your online work across your broader organization and to the general public via your traditional medium.
- In return, E-Democracy requests a reciprocal, promotional link from your website (your election/politics/news section) to the introductory page for the e-debate (updated "start page" will be at http://www.e-democracy.org/mnelections) by October 1, 2006.
- Promotion in your primary medium and on your website that highlights your participation in the e-debate before and during the e-debate. A post-debate reminder about "on-demand" content would also be appreciated. The frequency is up to your organization.
- Those media outlets contributing to the e-debate beyond recipricol linking - like hosting their own online citizen submitted content and discussion about the e-debate, rebroadcasting/printing select e-debate content, etc. will receive proportionate credit in our publicity materials.
The Minnesota Gubernatorial E-Debates are open to all candidates on the ballot, from both major and minor parties. Starting the week of October 8, the debate will consist of four major themes - two a week - along with five short answer questions. In addition to our text base, we are giving candidates the option to share their four rebuttals via an audio podcast (submitted via telephone) and are encouraging them to provide e-debate opening statements via video on YouTube. We are extremely interested in how we can also promote or link to citizen-generated multi-media about the election.
To help us communicate, please fill out this form by September 15 and return to: email@example.com
Election 2006 section:
Optional - Mobile:
Optional - Primary IM:
Optional - Primary IM Handle:
We will place partner e-mail addresses on a low, low volume e-mail announcement list in order to send you important updates and notices. All partners may opt-in to have someone directly participate in our project coordination e-mail group.
I look forward to your participation as Minnesota again leads the country in the use of the Internet in elections and politics.