Revision as of 18:06, 3 July 2007 by Tim Erickson
Back To Main Page of Citizens Guide to St. Paul
Prime Sites for Development in St. Paul & Possible Projects
- The old bus barn (Snelling & I-94)
- Interest parties include: Best Buy, Lowe's, Home Depot
- Lexington & University
- Aldi (a german based retailer) is already under construction on one parcel of this land
- Housing around Downtown and the River
- Jacob Schmidt (and Stahlmann) Brewery (W. 7th & Oneida)
- Eligible for National Registry and Local Designation; on PAM's "Ten Most Endangered List"; Historic Designation Study completed 7/05
- Island Station (Mississippi River & Randolph)
- things seem to be falling apart at the seams here; a diamond in the rough
- Gillette site (Lowertown)
- Commercial Street (Lowertown)
- see Lowertown Redevelopment Corporation plan: LRC
- Summit University
- Selby Avenue
- Anything specific?
- Jimmy Lee
- Jeremiah Project
- Library and Housing
- Chestnut and Exchange: Two half blocks, one on the West corner and one on the North. One large triangle on the East block. In total, over 6 acres of land dominated by surface parking, with a few light industrial uses. Houses in the area routinely sell for $200-$250 per square foot.
- 266 W Seventh: Surface parking lot. Approximately 1 acre on West Seventh Street, up to 2.5 acres with adjacent Dairy Queen.
List of Active Downtown & Riverfront Housing Projects