Developing for E-Democracy
Hello. This page is meant to be an introduction for anybody who is interested in developing code for E-Democracy.org
Our primary online platform, [forums.e-democracy.org], is a email list and web forum hybrid. It is actually a slightly customized version of GroupServer, which is an email/forum platform built on Zope 2. Anybody interested in developing on forums.e-democracy.org should check out the GroupServer home page (you'll note in the following section a number of links to GroupServer specific lists/repos/tools).
Developer Tools & Resources
GroupServer Development Reference is a growing category of technical references related to the GroupServer platform. For those who have never code in Zope before, Zope Component Architecture is a good place to learn about one of the foundations of Zope and GroupServer.
- https://source.iopen.net/groupserver - The primary repository for GroupServer
- https://github.com/e-democracy - One of two repositories for E-Democracy created code.
- https://source.iopen.net/ogn/edem - The second repository for E-Democracy specific code. E-Democracy's skin (gs.skin.ogn.edem), is housed here.
- https://redmine.iopen.net/projects/groupserver - The GroupServer bug tracker
- https://redmine.iopen.net/projects/edem - The E-Democracy bug tracker
Lists and IRC
- [groupserver.org/groups/development] - email@example.com - The main development list for GroupServer
-  - firstname.lastname@example.org - The main list for discussing E-Democracy projects of any type
- #gsdevel on irc.freenode.net - Primary IRC room for GroupServer developers. E-Democracy coders hang out there too.