Charter Worksheet Las Vegas, NM
Back to Start A Forum
Generic Charter Worksheet
Purpose of the Forum
The purpose of the Las Vegas, New Mexico Issues Forum is:
To provide a safe, online forum for Las Vegas and surrounding communities to address the concerns of
The Goals of Las Vegas Issues Forum are:
- to increase the voice of citizens in local public policy discussions
- to connect public officials with our citizens
- to facilitate positive changes while uniting our communities
- to improve the quality of decision making in our communities
Topics that you might find here to discuss include:
- Economic Development
- Water and Natural Resource Conservation
- Preservation of our historic town-We have the highest number of historic buildings in the nation!
- Youth Facilities and Opportunities
- Natural Gas Prices
- Animal Care Facilities, low-cost spay/neuter and no-kill shelters
- Any and all things concerning you and your family...
The full text of rules governing E-Democracy.Org forums can be found here: http://e-democracy.org/rules/. However, your groups should pick out a few rules that you would like to highlight on your charter page.
- Sign Posts - Use your real name.
- Limits on Posting - Two per member per day in most forum charters.
- Keep Topics within Forum Purpose - Local issues on a local forum for example.
- Be Civil - This is a public forum with real people. Respect among citizens with differing views is our cornerstone.
- No Attacks or Threats - This keeps the forums safe. If content is illegal it will be forwarded to the proper legal authorities.
- Private Stays Private - Don't forward private replies without permission.
- Avoid False Rumors - Asking for clarification of what you've heard in the community can be appropriate if issues-based. You alone are responsible for what you post.
- Right to Post and Reply - Sharing your knowledge and opinions with your fellow citizens is a democratic right.
- Items Not Allowed in Forums - No attachments, etc.
- Public Content and Use - You are sharing your content, but retain your copyright.
- Warnings - You may receive informal or official warnings from the Forum Manager.
- Suspension - With your second official warning in one year, you are suspended for two weeks. It goes up from there.
- Appeals Process - You can appeal a warning(s) once you receive a third warning and six month removal. About 1 in 1500 forum members each year have appealed a six month removal in past years.
Who Runs This Forum
Please, use this section to insert a short description of your steering committee, including references to any organizations that are playing a leading role in organizing the forum.
- (Your description here)