Add photo to forum About tab
The web editor on our About information tab on our information pages is quite basic (and other pages you can edit like your forum's charter).
You have two options:
- A. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us to upload it for you.
- B. Do it yourself. Here is how:
1. Join our Files online group.
2. Upload small image you plan to use from web view. Make a normal post with some description of the image in the Subject and message body. Choose the photo file on your computer and then complete your post.
3. Visit the completed post. Copy the direct URL of the thumbnail of your uploaded image (or the source image if it is small enough design wise). The direct URL should end in ".jpg".
4. Go to your forum's home page.
5. To edit your Forum's About tab, look for the yellow box at the bottom of the tab, "As a group administrator you can change this About Tab." Click the change link.
6. Then click the image icon in the web editor. Paste the URL of the image into the editor, then add "Alt" text for the sight impaired and others.
Also, if you find a Creative Commons image where reuse is allowed on Flickr or some other source, you can link to the image on a remote site. You should credit the author at the bottom of your About tab. We do prefer that images be delivered from our site if possible.
A Quick Guide To The Art of Listening
The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them. Ralph Nichols
NASA Announces Undersea Exploration Mission
An international team of aquanauts will travel again to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean to simulate a visit to an asteroid in the 16th expedition of NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations (NEEMO).
Cat Saves Owner Hours After Adoption
A newly-adopted cat repaid his owners loving gesture earlier this month by saving her from a medical emergency just hours after he was brought home, the Green Bay Press Gazette reports.
11 Things You Should Start Doing for Yourself Today
Enjoy everything that happens in your life, but never make your happiness or success dependent on an attachment to any person, place or thing. Wayne DyerYou deserve to live a more balanced, harmonious and happier life, starting today and starting now. Today, not tomorrow, nor the day after tomorrow is where your life is, where your life starts.
Researchers Nurture Innovative Biofuel Crops in Israels Desert
Fears of global warming and its impact on our environment have left scientists scrambling to decrease levels of atmospheric carbon we humans produce. Now, Tel Aviv University researchers are doing their part to reduce humanitys carbon footprint by successfully growing forests in the most unlikely place deep in Israels Aravah Desert.