Recreation / Sports
Back To Main Page of Citizens Guide to St. Paul
Recreation & Sports in St. Paul
- One is on Front Avenue between Dale & Western
Neighborhood Festivals (include upcoming dates/location)
Nice places for a bike ride:
- Gateway Trail starts just north of the Capitol and heads north-east into Washington County. Rails-to-Trails conversion, so grades are gentle. Connects to other trails at Lake Phalen.
- Morgan Trail - very flat overall; you can ride from Battle Creek to Minneapolis AND BEYOND!!!
- hard to beat Crosby for a shaded cruise through some woods. Off-trail stuff is very sandy, and if you get stuck, you'd better have insect repellent!
- Lists of Trails
Nice places for a picnic:
- Mounds Park
- Newell Park
- Como Lake
- Bruce Vento Nature Sanctuary - bring your own blanket. Also a good place to bring little kids to ride their bikes safely.
Nice (hidden) Parks in St. Paul
- Newell Park (Hamline Midway, Fairview and Pierce Butler)
- Bay Triangle, a.k.a. Cullen Park - hidden, but not very nice, yet...
- parts of Crosby
- Swede Hollow
- underneath the High Bridge at the Xcel Energy Plant (best after dark)
Youth Soccer Resources
- St. Paul NEAT has a web page about youth soccer opportunities.
- Sibley Area Sting Soccer program
- MYSA (Minnesota Youth Soccer Association)
- Highland-Groveland Recreation Association
- Blackhawks of St. Paul, Youth Soccer Club
Related Discussions in St. Paul Issues Forum