Key Print Documents and Templates for Outreach Efforts
- looking for people to join a new forum?
- seeking fresh voices?
- especially diverse and likely underrepresented voices?
Paper tools can help!
These tools support inclusive outreach efforts across many forums. We have a long history of using paper sign-up sheets for extremely effective recruitment.
While most of these materials are focused on Minneapolis and St. Paul (based on funding), they can adapted for wide use. If you can't find what you need, ask us.
- Priority - Sign-up Sheets - Current Outreach Campaign - BeNeighbors.org
- Priority - Information - Current Outreach Campaign - BeNeighbors.org
- BeNeighbors Quarter Page Flyer Front (PDF), Back (PDF) - Also on Google Docs Front and Back for copying and editing as needed locally
- TC General Flyer - Two per page - Multi-forum flyer to support recruitment across neighborhoods.
- Adapt this flyer to suit your local forum and distribute copies at community events to raise awareness and grow your forum. (Editable version at Google Docs)
3. General Brochure – Meet Your Neighbors Online!
- Adapt this two-page trifold brochure to suit your local forum and distribute copies at community events to raise awareness and grow your forum. (Publisher file)
4. Minneapolis-St. Paul Multi-forum General Poster – Join your neighbors to discuss local issues, exchange information, build community, and simply be neighborly.
- Post these to bulletin boards at local businesses and public venues throughout the neighborhood. The simple tear-off URL serves as a “take away” to remind people to look up your forum when they get home. (Editable version at Google Docs)
5. Customizable Poster (Power Point Template)
- Tailor this poster to your forum and post to bulletin board in your neighborhood. Be sure to update the tear-off URL!
6. Sign-up sheets à la carte
- We’ve used a variety of these tailored to specific forums such as Frogtown and Cedar-Riverside, as well as put together these “multi-forum” sign up sheets to support recruitment across neighborhoods.
- To successfully add these new members after your outreach efforts promptly scan (or to speed uploading enter the data into a spreadsheet yourself with at least first name, last name, and e-mail in their own columns - keep your forms handy because some will bounce) and e-mail to: email@example.com OR fax to: +1-612-605-0137
- While Forum Managers may invite or add people via the website, we prefer to upload names from paper sign-ups for you. Behind the scenes, our technical support team can upload people without e-mail verification required in bulk. New members only need to set a password on the web if they want to post via the web.
- Tip: Use a black pen (no soft point without a soft tip) bold stroke and definitely read the e-mail address back to confirm. Double-checking the e-mail address can improve your success rate by as much as 30%! So read it back to the person after they sign up.
- Minneapolis Multiple Neighbor Forums Sign-up (MS Word) (PDF)
- St. Paul Multiple Neighbor Forums Sign-up (MS Word) (PDF)
- Single Forum Sign-up Template
- Powderhorn English/Spanish Sign-up Form - Adapt to your forum.
- Tailor these to suit your needs to help you collect names and e-mail addresses at neighborhood venues and events.
- See submission instructions above. We will pay the cost to do manual data entry for any forum in our network. In-person outreach where you get people to sign-up right then and there is the most effective way to grow participation in a local forum. We want to make it as easy as possible.
8. E-Democracy.org Logo Collection - Includes versions for use with print materials.