Organizing your neighbors with social media
Back to BeNeighbors.org or Locals Online
This is a draft guide to using the Internet, social media, and mobile technology to organize your nearest neighbors on you block, in your building, or in your rural township. It provides practical advice on connecting with the nearest 100 households to you. For larger areas involving thousands of households see our Neighbors Forums work and the Locals Online community.
As part of the BeNeighbors.org effort, we seek to automate and "organic" some the manual things anyone motivated can do today online with their nearest neighbors right now. As a someone willing to be a leader and put some time into block-level organizing online, below are tools you can use today. Right now. No waiting for someone else. Your lessons on what really works and what new technology features would help others do this more effectively can then be fed into BeNeighbors.org and the broader Locals Online community.
- E-mail Your Neighbors Individually
- E-mail Your Neighbors as a Group - BCC:, CC:
- Friend Your Neighbors on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Develop A Neighbors Contact List/Directory
- Start an Online Group (or Find One)
- A. E-mail Lists
- B. Facebook Groups
- C. Social Network Tools
- Use Social Media to Gather Neighbors In-Person More Frequently