ARCHIVED PAGE - THIS PAGE NO LONGER MAINTAINED
Back to Projects
For directories of open forums, see our full list of forums by country and community.
The first phase of this project is now complete. For next generation work see Inclusive Social Media.
Neighborhood Forums in the United States and Neighbourhood Forums in the United Kingdom are growing part of our "local-up" approach to community building online. A neighborhood forum in Bristol has been operation since early 2007 and forums in Oxford are under development. Minneapolis neighborhood forums are emerging today.
We received $25,000 US grant from the MSNet fund of the Minneapolis Foundation to start a "neighbors" forum in areas with high immigrant/low income/communities of color in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Our goal is open at least one target forum in each of the central cities along with the other all-volunteer driven neighborhood forums efforts in other area.
- Neighborhoods Forums Project Plan - As submitted to the Minneapolis Foundation stating what we would do with about half the amount of our original request.
- Minneapolis neighborhood forums planning grant - Where we did our drafting.
- St. Paul Outreach - Our St. Paul chapter's digital inclusion outreach efforts at Rondo Community Outreach library will likely inform any St. Paul efforts
- Example neighborhood forums - Look. Imagine one for your neighborhood
- SPECIAL - Live in Minneapolis or St. Paul? Take our quick survey to request a neighborhood forum for your area. Then tell a friend.
- Local Market - A proposed standardized "local market" option for those forums wishing to allow such announcements
- Neighborhood forum uses - A sample list of things you can use your neighbor forum for
- Sample neighborhood forum charter - A draft template for future use by
- Neighborhood forums guide - A draft outline of steps required to start a forum