As part of our final Rural Voices effort we are evaluating this initiative. Below are draft interview questions for participants and our volunteer Forum Managers. These questions are designed more to gather stories in audio or video for storytelling. The completed interviews are available on our blog.
Questions for Forum Manager
- What initially interested you in the Issues Forum concept?
- What did you do to help launch the forum?
- What steps were easy?
- Which ones were more difficult?
- How did others help with the launch? Who helped forum recruitment break through?
- What message or methods seemed to work best to interest people in the forum?
- Since the forum opened to postings...
- What has been the most rewarding?
- What has been the most difficult or challenging?
- Does the forum hear from all or most sections of the local community? Is this an important motivation for the forum or you personally?
- What are some interesting or notable topics of discussion on the forum thus far? Any stories on the impact of media coverage or value to the community or decision-makers?
- Are there some issues which make the local news, but don't seem to come up in the forums? If so, what types of issues are these?
- Imagine you are talking to a potential Forum Manager in a different community, what are the top lessons or advice you would share?
- Looking forward ...
- What do you think you and other volunteers should do to improve your forum?
- What can E-Democracy.org work to provide (either through central volunteers or funded efforts)?