Community Outreach and Information Leaders
New - Community Outreach Leaders and Volunteers - Short-term contracts and volunteer opportunities for outreach in 2011 focused specifically on recruiting new participants
Contract Job Description - Applications being accepted now through Monday, February 6, 2010.
E-Democracy.org is hiring two to four 2.5 - 5 hours a week contract positions to help bring the Cedar Riverside and Greater Frogtown neighbor forums to life with community content and dialogue representing the great diversity of those neighborhoods. This position requires a mix of community organizing and light journalism abilities.
- Gather and forward community announcements and public event announcements from diverse cultural organizations and community groups based in or serving your target neighborhood. At least two announcements must be shared each week.
- Attend at least one community event every two weeks and share a short story/summary of the event with photos (with permission) or short YouTube videos.
- Meet with and train cultural organizations and community groups on how to join, post, and generally use the forum to reach out to the community.
- Lead ongoing outreach and at least quarterly recruitment drives mostly in-person using our standard paper sign-up sheets. Reasonable recruitment goals will be negotiated with E-Democracy.org.
- Assist the local volunteer Forum Manager with efforts to seed topics of discussion in the second half of 2010.
- Participate in an evaluation of this project and guest "blog" your lessons and major highlights on the main E-Democracy.org project blog at least four times in the next year.
- Promote participation in the forum via locations that provide public Internet access such as the local library and community centers.
- Good communication and writing skills
- Outgoing personality and a wiliness to engage and involve others
- Multi-lingual speaking ability in Somali, Oromo, Hmong, etc. per your primary neighborhood preferred
- Self-directed - As part of the contract process we will ask invited candidates to outline their simple own work plan.
- Comfort with online technologies including online forums/social networking, digital cameras, uploading video to YouTube
Duration: February, 2010 through December 31, 2010
Rate: Depending upon experience, the contract rate will range from $15/hour to $20/hour at 2.5 to 5 hours a week depending upon the number of positions filled. As a contractor, you are responsible for the self-employment tax.
To Apply: Send a short letter to Steven Clift, Executive Director, E-Democracy.org firstname.lastname@example.org describing your interest, community activities, and contact information. Attach a resume if available. If you do not receive a confirmation with 48 hours that you applied for this position, please call 612-234-7072 during business hours.