Citizen Media and Online Engagement Webinar
E-Democracy.Org is hosting "webinar" on citizen media and online engagement in local communities.
For the fifth in our series of Rural Voices outreach events, this live and interactive presentation will be "everywhere."
Participate via telephone access for audio and use your computer to view slides and live web demonstrations. Click on "Test Your Computer" under "join a meeting" on ReadyTalk to make sure you can access the web portion for you before the event.
- Part One - Citizen Media and Online Engagement Introduction - 45 Minutes
- Part Two - Online Issues Forums for Local Participation - 45 Minutes
Time: 2:00 p.m. Central Or (Or 8:00 p.m. UK, 9:00 a.m. Fri morn in New Zealand)
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009
Cost: Free for those in Greater Minnesota. If you are outside Greater Minnesota, please make a donation of any amount before you RSVP.
Participation is free for those who live in Greater Minnesota (thanks to our Rural Voices grant from the Blandin Foundation). Those who live in the Twin Cities and outside of Minnesota are asked to make a donation of any amount before the event. These are some of the slides we will be adapting.
I plan to attend
To "reserve" your space now, please add your name, city, state/country and organization, blog/org link, etc. here - press edit:
- Steven Clift, Minneapolis, MN, E-Democracy.Org, http://e-democracy.org
- Ross Williams, Grand Rapids, MN, Northern Community Internet, http://www.northerncommunityinternet.org
- Dan Thiede, St. Paul, MN, The Minnesota Project (http://www.mnproject.org) & CERTs (http://www.cleanenergyresourceteams.org)
- Persephone Miel, Boston MA www.mediarepublic.org
- Elizabeth McLean, Washington DC, non-profit web tools advocate
- Nancy LaRoche, Minneapolis, MN Non-profit Web site volunteer
- Danna MacKenzie, Grand Marais, MN Cook County IT and Boreal Access
- Lars Hasselblad Torres, MIT and Vermont
- Lynne Steele, Member of Parliament's Office, Ottawa, Canada
- Dr. Carolyn Bennett, MP, Ottawa, Canada
- Taylor Willingham, Salado, TX, US Texas Forums & University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, http://www.austin-pacific.com
- Steve Magruder, Louisville, KY, Louisville History & Issues, http://www.historyandissues.org
- Paul Johnston, Internet Business Solutions Group, cisco http://www.theconnectedrepublic.org
- Jennifer Imsande, Masters Program in Advocacy and Political Leadership, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Zeno Swijtink, Sonoma State University and SonomaWildlife
- Jennifer Armstrong, Gilbert, MN, http://e-democracy.org and http://www.parentsunited.org
- Tom Tresser, DePaul University, creativity & civic engagement, http://www.tresser.com
- Rose Schreier, Chicago, IL, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- LaVonne Starks, University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana.GSLIS/Community Engagement
- Rosetta Metz, University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana. GSLIS/Community Engagement
- Saramanda Goodwin, Springfield, IL, University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana. GSLIS/ Community Engagement
- Ellen De Young, Portland, OR GSLIS/ Community Engagement
- Sorrel Goodwin, Juneau AK, University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana. GSLIS/ Community Engagement
- Amita Lonial, Chicago, IL, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. GSLIS/Community Engagement
- Belinda Rawlins, Boston, MA, CTC VISTA Project, http://ctcvista.org
- Natalie Marin-Sharp, Los Angeles, CA, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. GSLIS/Community Engagement
- Zohreh Saher, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Associate, Cambridge Strategies Inc.
- Jenna Ehler, West Des Moines, IA. University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. GSLIS/Community Engagement.
- Michael Maranda, Chicago, IL. http://wrythings.net and http://www.catcomm.org
- Travis Porter, Boise, ID. University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. GSLIS/Community Engagement.
- Michael Hyde, Westborough MA. Just starting the process to launch a local Issues Forum for my town.
- Melissa Cornick, Doylestown, PA. Launching hyper local news in my county.
- Kristin Larsen, Pequaywan, MN. Exploring issues of Citizen Media
Thank you. Your expression of interest will help us select the best tools to use for this live online gathering.